Monday, March 14, 2011

Terrarium

I had mentioned in a previous post that I was going to try making a terrarium. Well I did just that this weekend and it was so easy and fun. For my first one I think it turned out really good.


It was really fun picking out the plants and deciding what looks good together in a small space.  I already had the container so that made it even easier.  You can basically use any size or shape container but you want to make sure it is all glass and has a lid, the glass should be clear without any tint.  The lid helps keep it humid inside where it's a little micro-climate.


For more drama I added some rocks and driftwood which really brought all the elements together.  As you can see from this picture the humidity has already started building up and it was only about an hour later.


This is looking in, I used a mini African Violet, Mini Fern, Coleus & Sphagnum Moss.


Great project to do with the kids too.  Now that I have done one, I know I will want to do more. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your Terrarium, I would be very interested in how it does..... I know they need very little water,,, me I have a tendency to overwater things~ :(
    It is very Pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you~I am interested in how it will do as well. I Especially wonder if the African Violet will ever bloom again. They are challenging enough on their own.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...