Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Church Windows

I am so excited about this very special find and how ironic it happened to come on Easter weekend. 

Church Windows from 1871! Seriously so cool!

My husband was at one of his clients home which use to be a church.  He goes to the cellar and finds these old windows...


He asks the homeowner about them and learns that they are dated back to 1871 and are from the old bell tower on the original church. 

Here is a picture of the house when it was a church, you can see the windows on the bell tower.


He shares a book about the brief history on this property.


This is what the house looks like today.

No more windows...sad.

However, good for me because somehow Todd ended up taking these home!
How amazing! I am overwhelmed with awe.  I'm not sure what we are going to do with them yet but my creative juices are going crazy!

Right now one of them is hanging on my wall...


These are so interesting and beautiful and I feel so blessed.
.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Ang this is so wonderful....i love it in your foyer...absolutely beautiful the way everything is coming together...you my daughter have been blessed in so many ways....I'm so happy for you...this is the sunshine you have been needing... i know a place in my house that could use a little sunshine...lol..smiles n hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way Cool!!! Soooo Jealous :)
    I'de be afraid to leave them outside to weather though..... They look Pretty in your house ;~)
    Oh Lucky You....lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...